Is HyperNation a Scam or Legit? - Afrik Lad (Guest) Danny de Hek (Host) on the WHAT : DE HEK Podcast

Is HyperNation a Scam or Legit? - Afrik Lad (Guest) Danny de Hek (Host) on the WHAT : DE HEK Podcast



DANNY : DE HEK



Transcribed using Descript



DANNY : DE HEK: I've got this opportunity of a lifetime and I think it would be really good for you and your family. It's an investment opportunity and I don't want you to miss out. It's called HyperNation. It says



Afrik Lad: Scam, Scam, Scam. For anyone watching these videos, people out there, there is no easy way to be coming a millionaire.



There's not easy to make money, so please don't get yourself thought off with people who come and tell you, you'll make you becoming a in six months or a year or two years time. It is certainly, I can assure you a hundred percent that it is not that easy. So please do not do that and carefully before you get into any kind of business like that, somebody gonna to police or anything.



In fact, I would suggest if somebody promise you, they cannot just say no.



DANNY : DE HEK: Welcome to the What the Heck podcast. I'm your host. I'm Danny de Hek, and today I've got a special guest called the Afric Lad, who's a budding YouTuber, and he's gonna tell us about himself and why he's sticking his neck out, trying to help people from not investing in Ponzi schemes. But I thought, I haven't done a YouTube and a podcast for a while, and I thought I'd bring back the old 12 questions with what to hit.



So welcome along to the Podcast and also YouTube channel. How you doing?



Afrik Lad: Yes, I'm very well. Thank you very much. Thanks for having me here, Mr. Danny de Hek. Listen man, I'm, I'm, I'm just excited for this one. I think it's



DANNY : DE HEK: gonna be great. Ah, good stuff. Now what, whereabouts in the world are you? I'm in New Zealand.



You're, you're at Sunday? I'm in quarter past 10 and I'm, no, you're a Saturday at quarter past 10 at night, and I'm Sunday morning at quarter past 10. We're 12 hours apart.



Afrik Lad: Yeah. Well I'm, yeah, I'm actually here Saturday. Yeah, in the uk. So yeah, it's, the world is interesting. Isn't in it . It's late here.



People are there where some people are still up with London. People don't sleep here anyway, but you know what I mean. It's late. You are early. There you go. .



DANNY : DE HEK: I'll tell you about that one other day. Interesting enough because I live in the future, I can tell you the lotto ticket numbers. Would you like to know?



Afrik Lad: Listen, man, this is a great one. This one, this is how people should winning the monies, million



DANNY : DE HEK: more chances winning the lottery than winning money on Ponzi schemes. I'll tell you exactly. All right. Before people get to know you, I've got, I've got 12 random questions. I don't even know what they are. The first question I just hit my microphone.



That was not good. Aside from necessities, what's one thing you could never go? You, Oh, sorry. Here we go. What's one thing you could not go a day without? One thing that



Afrik Lad: could not go a day without? Yep. Wow. That's a very serious question, I think. Hmm. I think what I would say is meditation. Meditation.



Good man. Yeah. And what I mean by that, I don't mean sitting still on meditation. I know what people who think meditation means. You see, you haven't got, you're



DANNY : DE HEK: not sitting on a yoga mat.



Afrik Lad: No, I haven't. I haven't got that. No. Right. My meditation is either when I'm just about to go to bed, lay in bed, or sometimes when I'm riding my bicycle around, I could be riding my bicycle to somewhere, maybe to work in the morning.



I'm going through stuff, thinking about stuff, processing things, you know, giving myself some positive vibe for the day. That is one thing that I certainly love to do almost every day. I have to do one, one of those mornings and evenings, or sometimes just in the evenings.



DANNY : DE HEK: That's good. I think that's pretty entrepreneurial in a way, because you are always thinking of a way to find a solution to a problem analyzing everything continuously.



You've got, you've got our spot on. Yeah, I think we've both, we've both probably got adhd. That could be the other technical name for it, but well, let's not go there today. All right. Question number two. Where do you see businesses, Oh, this is goody. Where do you see businesses of the future? Are we gonna beis, What do you think?



Afrik Lad: But it looks like I've just been reading the other guy, creating a robot in, what's his name? The rich dude. Oh,



looking like all human, whatever. But yeah. I think for sure there's gonna be a lot of technology going, even more technology, more improving. So that's one area of business. But I have a feeling that businesses are diversifying as well. And it could be from any angle, but also it comes down to where you live.



Yeah. What technology you have, how you use it, what's, how you've been trained. If you have the, the skills. So for example, in the West where I live, you see that a lot of things have been technology ties. That's what I would use. It's in technology. But also by coming from Africa. You can find, you find that quickly that a lot of people are still far behind in terms of technology.



So we are still using the traditional methods for businesses running, but again, that comes down to infrastructure where you live. Sector sector. For me personally, I I, I'm going with both as in the traditional business side of things, without technology, hence on doing farming upcountry, but also, Obviously I work in it as well, so I go with the technological side of things as well, because that's where it looks that we're heading.



Yeah. We, we've been getting electronics, vehicle driverless vehicles, All sorts is happening. So people have to be tuned up, be educated, and be smart to get into that world sooner than later. So you can control it or well, maybe not control it, but you, you know how to handle it basically.



DANNY : DE HEK: Yeah. Interesting enough, when you said diversification, I built a house oh, 14 years ago, and they brought in a guy to do the foundations.



Then they brought in a guy just to do the framing, and then they brought in, you know, a window guy, you know, every, the jer, the painter, everyone was outsourced and that, like the olden days used to have one tra doing the whole lot from start to finish. Yeah. And is it like that in Africa? Yeah.



Afrik Lad: Yeah, In Africa you get like, again, If you go to my mom's village, for example, in my hometown, yes, you have one dude who build the house up.



You know, I mean they, they, they, in fact, we, that's what I mean by the technology is different there. They use like mode bricks or those mode that puts more and puts frames, put more around there. Somebody who does build the whole thing, him or his and his wife, or him and his son, or just him doing it. They don't have to bring special people.



But of course in the city and most especially the advanced African countries, they develop the ones that are, are more advanced than the others. In terms of development, they do simulating like this as well. They have a contractor where then contractor, they have somebody who builds the tile in somebody who does the windows and somebody who does the bricks and somebody who does whatever, the plastic, the painting sector, all those kind of different things there.



But that's for mainly cities up country is completely different. Yeah.



DANNY : DE HEK: So you reckon Elon Musk might have a bit of a trouble cause AI building houses.



Afrik Lad: Listen, that guy looks like he's taking over the world. He's doing everything. He's in to the moon now or whatever he call he's going to space.



DANNY : DE HEK: Yeah, no, he's going to Mars.



I think that's where the ecosystem is heading. I was wondering. He is not into that. Thank goodness he hasn't started his own metaverse. Be okay. What what do you most regret not having done? What would you most regret not having done by the end of your life? That could be a bit morbid. I know you're in good health.



I hope you're in good health. I



Afrik Lad: am in good, good health so far. You know, touch would, and thank God for that. What if I have not done that before I go to my grave? What would I mostly regrets? Huh? That's a tough one because for me, I, I don't bother, I don't worry much about regrets. I don't see that, if anything that I haven't done, that's it, It wasn't meant to be and I haven't done it.



I, that's why I try now, I try to do everything in my power that's I can. Anything that I know I can do, I try to do it. If I can't do it, Or I made a mistake, I didn't do it. I don't see that as a lesson and learn, but if we are gonna talk about something that might regret that I didn't do, I go to my degree without doing it.



It's probably taking my family to my hometown. That's probably one thing. Regret if I, if I don't, if I could not take my kids to my hometown, then certainly I'll regret that one. Cause I want them to go there, especially with all what I'm doing there. I want 'em to go, I want 'em to connect. I want them to, even when I'm gone to be there, feel like they're part of their as well.



Because obviously they are, they, they from there. Yeah.



DANNY : DE HEK: I I was hoping you weren't gonna say by yourself a membership with HyperNation, but I'm glad you didn't . Sorry, had to



Afrik Lad: say that. Maybe that's, maybe that's one thing I'll definitely regret not buying . Yeah.



DANNY : DE HEK: Now this, this. This next question's a bit basic for Kiwis which is New Zealanders.



But for you, I'd be quite interesting to know. How many languages do you speak?



Afrik Lad: I speak up to three right now. Up to three? Yeah. Yeah, So it's not much. Well basically, obviously speak English. I speak Creole. Creole is what we spoke, what we speak in Israel, mainly well over the country, but mainly in Free Town.



Then I speak my mom's language, which is Limbal as well. So those three I speak.



DANNY : DE HEK: Yeah. Is your mom got a different language?



Afrik Lad: My mom's got a different language. Yes, I am. I'm a mixed person as well, by the way. So my mom definitely speaks a different language. Yeah, that different language from different ethnicity.



Cause we have multiple, like it's a mixture.



DANNY : DE HEK: Yeah. We don't get that so much over here, so that's pretty cool. Yeah. Okay. Here, here's a similar question, but as I said, they're all random. Where do you see yourself in five years time? Five



Afrik Lad: years time. I, My goal is , That's a tricky one. Where the world is going.



Probably join HyperNation .



DANNY : DE HEK: You'll be with Mr. H.



Afrik Lad: Yeah, probably me, Mr. H in five years time. Yeah. You have your mouth. Yeah. No, but in five years time, what I want to be able to do, or where I wanna be five years time, is I want to for, I mean, I probably told you or not, I'm doing, I started real estate business back home, so five years from now, I want to be able to have two more properties built.



And then I want to be able to have the rice, the farm extended to, like I mentioned to you, that I want to have the beans, I want to have peanuts. I want, basically, I want to make sure my farmers expanded to three or four more different crops. I wanna have two more properties built, and then I'm able to, I want to also spend longer back home.



I in six months there and six months here. That's, that's the balance I want to have in five years



DANNY : DE HEK: time. That sounds really cool, man. Well I did have another question that come to mind when you're talking. How old are you mate? .



Afrik Lad: I am definitely the very old. Are you?



DANNY : DE HEK: You dunno how old I am then. You must think of granddad.



Granddad. I am.



Afrik Lad: I I started to let you guess that, but I, I will say to you for sure that I am above



DANNY : DE HEK: 30. Oh, about 30. I am above that. Oh, you are? Oh, right. Yeah. I was going 29, so yeah, I'm, I'll go 33. That's my heart.



Afrik Lad: It's still not correct. I think you need to go slightly up. Oh right.



DANNY : DE HEK: Okay. 31 .



Afrik Lad: 31. You said 33.



I said go up. You went down.



DANNY : DE HEK: Oh, right. I'm no good. See, I told you no good numbers. It's usually words. No no. 34 then. Sorry,



Afrik Lad: 34. No, I'm all than I'm, I'm 40.



DANNY : DE HEK: Hey. Oh, you're ancient mate. It's just, say again. I'm 53. No, I'm 52. I forget. I think I'm, you know, you age and I'm, I'm 52. Well, funny enough, don't, I was brought up in a religious cult and I used to be a Jehovah's Witness, and we never celebrated birthdays, so, Right.



I, I don't keep track of my birthdays really? I literally have to think. I was born in 1970 and then I think, what year is it? And it's 2022. Then I work it out that way. like that. All right, here we go. Another question. What form of public transport do you prefer? And I've got a few options here. We've got ear, boat, train, bus, car.



But you might have a took talk. I don't know. Do you have took talks? What? Do you have G Gs you? No, Never Africa.



Afrik Lad: Oh, well, well, in Sierra Leon, my country, we have talk talks here as we call them. KK. We have bikes, the ocas, they call them Okada, and of course we have taxis. And so now when you talk of the by preferred form of transportation there, it now comes down to what time of the day, what you know, I mean, and the traffic.



So the best form of transportation around, usually it's the Took talks the kk, right? Yeah. For me anyway, the reason being is airy because it's not locked. Everywhere's airy. Oh. And it's kind little protected compared to the bike. If you drive ride a bike, you're like exposed. And I think that's are reckless when the ride around as well.



But there's traffic because the traffic, the bike is probably a good form to travel because then you get past the traffic



DANNY : DE HEK: interest enough, I was in Bangladesh and they had cgs and I didn't know why they called them cgs, but then I realized that was, well they told me it was cause the guests that they run on, so.



So why are they called kk? Kk, KK. Yeah. What's that stand for? ?



Afrik Lad: I have no idea. Cause I don't even think that name originated from Sierra Leon. And I think you originally from somewhere in Nigeria or somewhere. I don't know, but it's called Okay. I dunno. I was in there when it started, when this form



DANNY : DE HEK: of, Oh you need to, you need to research that my friend.



You need to figure that out. That's



Afrik Lad: a good idea actually. But when I travel back to Leon each time, that's when it became popular. KK and then the bikes, Okada, that's that name definitely originated from Nigeria or that's how the In Nigeria. Yeah. Cause in



DANNY : DE HEK: Thailand they have took



Afrik Lad: talks. Yeah. Yeah. So I don't have a clue what Okada means, but again, when that whole KK oat thing started, I wasn't in anymore.



I left long time ago, but I do go every year, so, and twice a year sometimes. So I get to use them, but hey, that's how they travel there. They cars. Of course. I prefer the vehicles at night. Late nights when I want to go places, of course I use the car. But during when you took a block of traffic, KK is quicker or bike is quicker.



DANNY : DE HEK: Yeah, I'm trying to think what I like. I mean air. I think airplanes are been an airplane anywhere time, but I mean that's pretty luxury and a very expensive hold up and doesn't stop my dog. Dogs biting a cable in your bed. the light. Look boys naughty. Chew on the cable. Don't chew on the cables. All right, I think we've had that conversation now.



All right, so is your glass half full or half empty? The answer there, I'll let you answer .



Afrik Lad: I think my glass, I will say, if I'm honest with you, this glass half will half empty thing. It's not, I don't worry about it. It's not my thing for me. I just carry on. So I don't honestly know what the difference I've notice sat and say, Okay, what's the difference between half full, half empty?



What's that? What does that mean? Even I don't even have, All I know is some people, I think when they say half full, does that mean they still go somewhere to go? Something like that. And then half empty. What does it mean? I don't have a clue.



DANNY : DE HEK: Oh, it just means, are you positive or a negative? Ancy. , Yeah. I see.



Well, I tell, tell you what though. Sorry mate. You go.



Afrik Lad: No, I like to consider myself as very positive. I always have a, I have positive mindsets in life and yeah, it just, with how I do things, I like to be very positive. That doesn't mean of course I don't stop and check and critique certain things, but I like to have a go at things and do them and go for



DANNY : DE HEK: them.



Really? No, that's good. I had a young girl come along to my, one of my meetings on Thursday. Yeah. And she basically had been reading a lot of, Help books. And she said she was she, You need to know your why. And I'm going, Yeah, I'm 53. I've read a lot of self books. I've gone to a lot of courses and she was only, I think she was 29, but I think at that age you need to go through, you know, they repeat a lot of the stuff you've heard from Rich Dad, Poor Dad stuff and and a lot of that, that half glass full thing and all that.



I'm sort of, yeah, I've sort of heard it all before , like, I get the positive, how to keep the mindset and blah, blah, blah. But that's what I think of when I hear some of those sometimes. Yeah.



Afrik Lad: But sometimes that's how they get, you know, they try to ask you these stupid questions. So no way to just try to basically try to read you and you see something they know.



Okay, that's the one we can go for for that person. You know, something like that.



DANNY : DE HEK: You've got it. All right. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I think it's gonna be home with your



Afrik Lad: mum. I'm guessing it's gonna be absolutely home. That's exactly my, where we are living home. It's, it's warmer.



Yeah, it's much more, yeah, it's warmer. People are more friendly. You know, I, I don't live too far from the beach.



DANNY : DE HEK: So whereabouts are you at the moment? Are you in the uk? I am in



Afrik Lad: the uk. Yeah.



DANNY : DE HEK: Yeah, I'm right now.


https://www.dehek.com/general/podcast/is-hypernation-a-scam-or-legit-afrik-lad-guest-danny-de-hek-host-on-the-what-de-hek-podcast/

Comments